DeNeCor addresses the diagnosis and treatment of neurological diseases, which have an increased incidence due to the aging society. DeNeCoR develops, tests and demonstrates neuro devices, systems and methods for a diverse set of diagnostic and treatment modalities.
The project addresses the grand challenges of home and Hospital healthcare in the VMS Chapter on Health and the Aging Society by delivering innovative electronic devices which enable therapeutic treatment at home while at the same time DeNecor ensures co-existency with therapeutic and diagnostic systems in hospitals.
The project has three main objectives:
- Develop acceptance by neurologists of electronic neuromodulation therapy by demonstrating designed coexistency between therapy devices and diagnostic systems in order to reach its full market potential.
- Extrapolate IEC/ISO 10974 specifications to other diagnostic systems and the interaction between diagnostic systems and non-invasive electronics based neuromodulation therapies.
- Develop test methods such that the development of therapy devices and diagnostic systems can be decoupled which increases the efficiency of the demonstrator developments and enables technical evolution of all systems at their own pace.
LEITAT’s role in the project:
- WP leader. Definition of technical requirements and specifications, study and analysis of existing limitations
- Rehabilitation devices connected to the invasive electrical registration of brain signal
- Dissemination activities
Number of Contract: ENIAC/324257
Coordinator: Philips Healthcare
Email LEITAT manager in charge: Marta Domper
Duration: 36 months
|Universitair Medisch Centrum Utrecht||Netherlands|
|Eindhoven University of Technology||Netherlands|
|University of Pavia||Italy|
|University of Rome||Italy|
|University of Firence||Italy|
|Austrian Institute of Technology||Austria|
|Plessey Semiconductors||United Kingdom|
|University of Sussex||United Kingdom|
|Institute for Micro-electronic Application||Czech Republic|
|Brno University of Technology||Czech Republic|
|Fraunhofer – Elektronische Nano Systeme||Germany|