SOS 2016 provides a global platform for leadership companies and organizations to advance the development and implementation of industry-driven solutions to ocean sustainability challenges. Our maritime expert will attend this event. If you want to meet her, get in touch with her.
The SOS 2016 theme is “Ocean 2030: Sustainable Development Goals and the Ocean Business Community”. The SOS is uniquely designed to bring together leadership companies from the diverse Ocean Business Community: shipping, oil and gas, fisheries, aquaculture, seabed mining, tourism, renewable energy, ports, dredging, mining, submarine cables, marine science, engineering and technology, the maritime legal, financial and insurance communities, and others – as well as ocean stakeholders from the government, inter-governmental, academic and environment communities.
“OCEAN 2030: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS AND THE OCEAN BUSINESS COMMUNITY”.
The SOS is a unique gathering of the world’s ocean industries focused on sustainable development, science and stewardship of the global ocean.
The SOS 2016 will:
- Address the 2016-2030 U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and what they mean for the ocean business community.
- Advance development of SDG targets and indicators being developed with and for the Ocean Business Community via the WOC during 2016.
The SOS 2016 theme recognizes:
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the U.N. in 2015 to guide international economic development from 2016-2030.
- The growth of the ocean economy and the diverse ocean business community, and their contribution to the food, energy, transport, communications and other needs of society.
- The role of the ocean business community over the next 15 years, and beyond, in:
- Ensuring the health, productivity and sustainable development of the ocean.
- Advancing responsible ocean economic activity that contributes jobs, income, goods and services in support of societal needs.
Sustainable Ocean Summit 2016: Program Topics
The program and topics for SOS 2016 are being developed with input from the business community. Speakers and session organizers will be updated on the full program.
Ocean Executive Forum: The Multi-Sector CEO Panel for Industry Leadership and Collaboration
Ocean 2030: Ocean Industry Projections and the Future of the Ocean Economy
Ocean Sustainable Development, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Ocean Business Community
The Digital Ocean
Ocean Investment Platform: Accelerating Investment for Ocean Sustainable Development
Parallel Sessions’ main topics (for full overview of the parallel sessions and their “framing” questions, please see the full program PDF)
Engaging Sector Developments and Opportunities
Advancing Maritime Industry Collaboration
Improving Ocean Governance and Planning
Conserving Marine Biodiversity and Reducing Marine Pollution
Improving Ocean and Climate Knowledge and Disaster Risk Reduction
Addressing Climate Change
Contributing to Food and Water Security
Creating Regional Ocean Industry Leadership
Sustainable Ocean Summit 2016: Associated Event, Side Events and Workshops
Parallel sessions or workshops can also be co organized with interested parties. Please contact email@example.com to learn more about this opportunity and what kind of financial support would then be requested.
Sustainable Ocean Summit 2016: Side Events opportunities
Parties are invited to propose side events, in link with the SOS and taking place before or after. This can be done in coordination with the WOC as for. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this possibility.